Like a hamster on a wheel




You guys....something has happened to me. Lately, I'm obsessed with running.

I wake up and think about when I'm going to run. And I plan my meals around that time so that I won't be too full or too hungry. I run in the cold. I run on a squeaky treadmill. I get cranky on Wednesdays because I don't have time to run on those days.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not addicted and running for hours every day. But that 30-60 minutes I spend working out has become one of my favorite parts of the day, right up there with the first step into a hot shower and eating. (I still love eating the most.)

I'm actually considering a half marathon (crazy? probably) which I said I'd never do. But I want the challenge. And I'm thinking about going to a running store to be fitted for fancy running shoes. Because the Nikes I got a few years ago are starting to die...and I'm having some minor arch pain.

All those motivational running quotes start to feel true and right, like when you are really into a guy and suddenly sappy love songs on the radio make sense. I'm like that, but my man is the open road (or more often, my roommate's treadmill).

So. Who wants to run a race with me? Not necessarily a half (because I'm questioning my sanity) but a 5K? 10K? I'll buy you donuts at the end.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to Like a hamster on a wheel

Melissa Ortolani Purser said...

DIRTY DASH! Its 5 miles....in June. I'm doing it.

Jo said...

I'd sign up but I'm not sure if I'm going to be here this summer! I really want to get an internship, but it's complicated (obviously).

If I'm here we are sooo getting dirty together.

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.