music monday - You and Me

I hate when I don't have any posts between music mondays...oh well. It's because I'm busy living a life, I suppose.

My love for Dave Matthews Band goes back years and years. I think I was in fifth grade when Under the Table and Dreaming came out, and my sister had the CD. I listened to it constantly, and the rest is history. Dave Matthews was my first real concert: Veteran Stadium (before it was torn down) in 1999 or 2000 (I can't believe I can't remember which!) with Ralph. That was the night we got left behind by my friend's parents and had to find our way through Philly after midnight to get to 30 street station, where my dad came and picked us up (that's a whole other story).

This music makes me happy. And I love this song. I want to dance to it at my wedding, and I want to feel this way about someone.

You and I, we're not tied to the ground
Not falling but rising like rolling around
Eyes closed above the rooftops
Eyes closed, we're gonna spin through the stars
Our arms wide as the sky
We gonna ride the blue all the way to the end of the world
To the end of the world

Oh, and when the kids are old enough
We're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together, we could do anything, Baby
You and me together yes, yes


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.