breathe in, count to 10

I keep telling myself I just have to make it to Monday. If I can make it to Monday and get everything done, I'm in the clear.

But the truth is, that's just a lie I'm telling myself. Yes, by Monday I will be moved into a new apartment, and the documentary I've been working on will be done. However...school is starting up at the end of August, and being in a new apartment means a huge change in my life. A change that is terrifying and exciting and wonderful and awful all at the same time.

I think this is how we get through life, by lying to ourselves. It's amazing what we can convince ourselves of, and how many times we fall for the same lie. At times like these, I think about something my dad told me once. I asked him if life ever got easier, and he said "No, you just stop expecting it to be."

So wish me luck, blog readers. That I will finish cutting the doc (and that it won't suck) and that somehow I will miraculously pull of a move in two(ish) days. It's times like these I wish I had better coping mechanisms.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.