music monday - Jay-Z

This weekend two friends from NYC got married in Salt Lake, and the reception turned into an NYC reunion in SLC. I saw people I hadn't seen in years, and danced my you-know-what off. It was exactly the kind of night I needed (especially after getting pulled over - more on that another time) and I'm so glad I got to see everyone.

When the dancing started Kristy turned to me and said we should suggest "Empire State of Mind," but I said they'd never play it. Well...cut to an hour or so later and as soon as the first notes came on all the New Yorkers were out on the floor dancing and singing along.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: no matter where I live or where I end up, New York will always be my city.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.