the first of many thermostat battles

Last night we were on the couch watching Battlestar Galactica (note: this could basically describe any weekday night) after dinner, when this happened...

D: Do you want the comforter?
Me: No, I'm OK.
A minute or so passes, D gets up and starts fiddling with the thermostat.
Me: What are you doing?
Silence.
Me: Are you turning off the heat to freeze me out so I want the comforter?
D: Maybe.
Me: Why don't you just say you want the comforter? (ed note: because he will never admit to being cold)
I pull the comforter on top of us. D looks pleased as punch.
A few minutes pass before D dramatically throws the comforter off and moves to the other side of the couch, practically panting.

D: It's so hot! I'm dying. 

I told a friend this story and she said that I basically could have switched the roles because it's just the kind of thing I would do. True story?

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.