Take back, part 3

I wrote this a while ago, but I've been doing a lot of thinking on it, and I felt like New Years was a good time to acknowledge it.


11.12.11
Today I found myself googling ‘how to get your life back’. Which begs the question…get my life back from what? Or from who?
-expectations (my own and others)
-people who don’t let me be me
-anxiety
-ideas that I don’t really believe
-fear
-GUILT
-uncertainty about the future

The point is, if I don’t stand up for my own life, who will? I have to take a stand and do what’s right for me. I want to be myself again. I want my life back.

I don’t want to make a mistake out of desperation or fear. That’s not the way to live. I was sitting in class the other day thinking about my professor, who is almost 50. I realized his son is 5 or 6. Which means that he was in his mid 40s when he was born. And it hit me: I have my whole life ahead of me. I am only 27. Who knows what my story is? Who knows what happens in my life? It hasn’t happened yet. And I don’t want to act rashly now because I’m afraid of that. I’ve seen to many people do that with bad results. I've seen too many people rush into a decision a regret it later, and I don't want to be one of them.

Next up: my personal commandments and how I'm going to take back my life

Sorry for the self-help tone this blog has taken of late, but it's my blog.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.