borrowing from Catholicism

Last year for Lent my officemate, Rachel, and I gave up candy (except Lifesavers). It was a hard 40 days, but I was so proud of myself for sticking with it. When it was over, I didn't even have Easter candy. Crazy, I know.

This year in an effort to test myself/support Kristy/look good in a bathing suit I've decided to give up sweets for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic. It seems like a really good opportunity to see what I can handle, just what I'm made of. Or something.

The thing about me and vices is that I usually replace one thing with another. So I'm trying to figure out what will replace sweets in my life. It would be great if it were something like working out or doing schoolwork. It might be a very cranky 40 days...

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.