Resolution #3: No regrets

(image from xkcd.com)

Since I've had facebook (so about 6 years now, I guess) one of my favorite quotes has been from Empire Records: "I do not regret the things I've done but those I did not do."

The above comic illustrates that point perfectly. At the end of the day, are we really going to look back and wish we had done less, or more?

Despite what many would consider regrettable behavior on New Years Eve (they just don't make greeting cards for all the necessities), I don't really regret the things I do. It's the missed opportunities that keep me up at night.

So this year, my next resolution is to have no regrets. I want to take more chances, do the things I think about doing but stop myself from doing because...well, because I'm lame. No more. I think about all the ways to describe how to live...dangerously, adventurously, like no one's watching, etc. But the key for me this year is to just live, instead of watching life pass by.

It's like Ferris Bueller says: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.