and it all started with a run

Today, I finally succeeded in my goal for several weeks now: to get up at 8 and go for a run before work.

Now, you might be saying to yourself - 'what's so hard about that? I get up at 6:30 every morning and run five miles, make a protein shake, go to the orphanage and read to the kids all before going to work.' And if you're saying that yourself as you read this...we probably aren't friends. But congratulations.

When you're a grad student, your schedule gets a little funny. And summer break exacerbates the problem. I find myself staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning, struggling to get out of bed at 9.

Well not today. Today, I got up at 8. I went for a run. A longer one than usual. (and then gave myself a pat on the back) I was so awake and fast moving when I got home that I had time to make oatmeal for breakfast instead of my usual cold cereal. But the productivity doesn't stop there. After work I went to the library, grabbed lunch, laid out for a bit in the backyard, read some, did laundry and some bleaching I've been meaning to do (I'll post about that later) and tidied my room a little bit. And now it's 4 and I'm wondering what to do with myself for the rest of the day.

Maybe a bike ride? Maybe a trip to Home Depot for some wood for a project I want to do. Who knows. The world (or rather, the greater Salt Lake area) is my oyster today.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.