Going off sugar...again

I am a self-proclaimed sweet tooth. Candy is practically it's own food group for me, and when I crave something, it's always sweets. I've never been the kind of person who wants a basket of french fries; ice cream and treats are my go-to comfort foods (as my mom would say, this is how i self-soothe).

Since moving out to Utah, I have been overindulging in sugary foods, and since diabetes runs in my family, it's really time I cut back. So, starting tomorrow, I'm going off added sugar. So that means no ice cream, no candy, nothing with added sugar or sweeteners. From here on out (for a least a couple weeks) I'll be getting my fructose from fruits and vegetables only. I need to detox a little.

I did this a couple years ago and I have to say that while I really missed sweets, I felt so good without sugar. No headaches, I had more energy, and I didn't get cranky at all. It's really hard, but it's worth the sacrifice.

For the next two weeks or so I'll just have to find other ways to make life sweet.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.